Monday, March 1, 2010

This Is It

So, I finally saw Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tonight. Although I am not his biggest fan, only really appreciating a few of his songs, I thought that the concert he was preparing to end the decade long hiatus would have been absolutely phenomenal. As I was watching, I had goosebumps at least a half-dozen times. The dedication that the entire crew had put into the show that never was, was astounding. I had no idea that his concert was basically ready to open. MJ had this way of telling people that it wasn't quite good enough, but at the same time, just wanting them to be better, not for his sake, but for the sake of his fans. He wanted absolute perfection. By the end of the documentary a part of me really wanted to see his dream concert come to fruition, even though he wouldn't be there to perform it. The entire crew worked tirelessly to see that his vision would be realized. I kept thinking that there must be enough footage of Michael rehearsing his concert to do the tour as a touching homage to the King of Pop. It is such a shame to see the hard work of everyone involved, including MJ, not go to a final product. As for the movie, I thought the footage was wonderfully assembled. It was wonderful to see something that didn't so much focus on his death, but the way that he lived, and his dedication to his craft. This most certainly deserves a Holly Patterson Seal of Approval.



Until next time,

The Critic

No comments:

Post a Comment